Thursday, November 10, 2011

36 Weeks - One month (or less) to go!

We are nine months into this pregnancy and everyone is still doing great.  The baby's organs and lungs should be fully developed and she will be spending the last few weeks getting plumper.  I'm growing bigger by the day so I'm pretty sure she's doing her job well!

I'm guessing this little lady will probably arrive a few days early of her due date, which is December 9th.  Ethan was born at 38 weeks and 4 days and we'll find out soon if his sister is on the same schedule.  

This pregnancy has been fantastic for me so far.  I love being pregnant and getting to feel the baby move and grow inside me.  Even though I am more and more tired by the end of each day, I am trying to enjoy  these last few weeks of carrying my baby girl and appreciate the great miracle it is to be pregnant.  

And what a crazy, bizarre miracle it is to grow another human being inside of you.  I know it's a basic fact of how we all were made, but after spending 19 months of my life pregnant I can't get over that another life was created and developed inside me.  Every time she moves and kicks it reminds me of what a special time in our lives this is.  

You've probably noticed that the pregnancy pictures this week are much better than my normal shooting in front of a mirror.  A friend of ours is starting up a photography business in town and came by one morning to take maternity pictures for us.  We think they turned out great.  My favorite of the whole shoot is first picture of this post - I love Ethan's solemn expression as he lays across his sister and I.  

A few more pics from the morning:






For Anchorage friends, these pictures were taken by Franky Lopez of FLS Photography!

2 comments:

Daniel and Allison said...

everything about these is beautiful!

Sara and Michael said...

You guys look amazing and Franky did such a wonderful job! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to "meet" little girl Fuhr!